Thursday, January 7, 2010

Regarding head lice, would lavender oil repel them?

I was told by a hair dresser that if head lice is going around my daughters class room to put some lavender oil in water in a spray bottle and liberally spray her hair and braid it and this will help stop her getting head lice, is this true, or am I making my daughter smell like an old lady for nothing?Regarding head lice, would lavender oil repel them?
Well I am from west virginia and I dont know if you know this but in hte holler we has the nits and stuff alots especially when it gets cold and they sleeping four and five to a bed. Yeah, I know what you city folks think and it aint nothing dirty just keepion warm. My Momma usaed pepper spray and it hurt me eyes like the dickens but I never got not bugs in my hair and got all the way through high school without gettin pregnintRegarding head lice, would lavender oil repel them?
I heard about it too but never tried.





Back in the day, my sister used to get it once a month from the kids in her class. It was pretty brutal because we both had really long hair and I would have to treat it as well, just in case.





My mom didn't want to keep using those nasty chemicals every time and someone suggested using oil and vinegar.





It worked like a charm and it didn't stink (well, you smell a bit like a salad until you shampoo). The vinegar kills them and the oil helps with the knots in the hair. It works out great because most people have it on hand. Everyone that I know who tried it thanks me!





Good luck!
I've heard about that but never tried it. Tee-tree oil works also (for some reason they hate the smell!). You can buy shampoo with it in it, or you can add some to your own shampoo and it takes alot of the hassle out of it and it doesn't feel quite so nasty on your head as a spray does.
I do not know, never heard about it. My daughter had classmates that had lice. Instead of using medicated shampoo's and stuff they did home remedies. Then they kept just putting their children back in class. The outbreak kept coming back. With these kind of parents around, I would try anything to limit the chance's.
Using conditioner stuns them so you can try that too. Put a little on and then use a lice brush. It only stuns them for a little while so do it and brush quickly...
I use tea tree oil by same method you do.





Never tried Lavender oil, but I will now its been mentioned. headlice are a big problem these days :@
yes or peppermint or rosemary oil. Use the one that smells best to you and your daughter.
  • skin problems
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment