Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Aromatherapy and essencial oils... great for the skin but who uses them?

I've started working for a company called Aromatherapy Solutions, run by Judith Fitzsimmons, so I am now selling aromatherapy products. The stuff is amazing but I don't even know where to start! I have no idea who uses this stuff or where my ';target audiences'; would be. Anyone have any ideas?Aromatherapy and essencial oils... great for the skin but who uses them?
This is the perfect age group. It's probably a little more expensive, so you might want to go with 16+





I've taken an aromatherapy course and was just astounded by the properties of different essential oils. I swear by my rose oil face mister (to refresh and wakeup) and tea tree (for zits). I also put some lavender on my feet.





I don't really know what your job entails. If you're selling aromatherapy products, you may want to ask if different massage therapy clinics, homeopathic clinics or massage training schools would like to carry your product (usually you give them a cut of the profits). If they won't carry your product, maybe put up adverts near or in their establishment (with their permission)...





I think it's lack of education that contributes to the smaller market of aromatherapy products. If you're going to sell, educate people. Everyone is all over key words like 'natural', 'fresh' or 'pure'. If your products are made of pure essential oils, then promote that. Understand how the different oils can be applied for mental and physical benefits. Sure, people like the smell of lavender, but do they know how soothing it is? The smell of pine is nice, but not everyone knows that it can be used as a slight topical anesthetic (excellent for muscle pains). I guess a lot of people underestimate the power of plants. Most people think that birch is just a tree, but when chewed it can have properties similar to asprin.





The world is your target audience, start by educating them.

No comments:

Post a Comment