Saturday, December 26, 2009

Using lavender essential oil as a prentative for lice?

Yesterday I read about a cosmetologist mom that I believe uses lavender essential oil mixed with water as a rinse after washing the hair. I didn't print it off to get all the details and now I cannot find it. I have a 5 year old and the other things are so harsh on her little head. I think this might be a good preventative. Please help if you can. Thank you.Using lavender essential oil as a prentative for lice?
I haven't heard anything about lavendar oil, but I SWEAR by Tea Tree Oil. My poor daughter was a magnet for head lice when she was younger. After someone recommended Tea Tree Oil, she never got it again. I would put a bunch of drops in a spray bottle with water and spary it in her hair when I was brushing it in the morning and at night. I would also use the shampoo with added oil to help me get rid of the lice, and use the shampoo for regular hair washes.





It works like a charm!





Also, it is NOT true that children who have poor personal hygene get lice. I have attached a link below for more info;





http://www.lice.ca/articles/art3.html


Good luck!Using lavender essential oil as a prentative for lice?
I don't know about lavender, but you can use Tea Tree Oil in the shampoo and it will definately help with any problems you have with lice. Also there is no real effective prevention for lice except to make sure the child's hair stay clean and well groomed. Lice thrive in unclean places. Here is an excellent website packed full of information :


http://www.headlice.org/


Hope this helps.
Absolutely!

No comments:

Post a Comment