Saturday, December 26, 2009

Does massaging my scalp with lavender oil help with hair growth? And where could I get it in Canada?

I've just read that massaging lavender oil in my hair a few times a week will help with my hair growth. My hair is really thin and fine. Also, i've been getting dandruff lately...Its really gross, and I really want to fix it. Any suggestions if lavender really works, or if anything else will?


Also, I need to know which stores sell lavender oil in Canada.


ThanksDoes massaging my scalp with lavender oil help with hair growth? And where could I get it in Canada?
Essential oils are very effective for hair loss and dandruff. Although lavender oil is used for hair care, it is not the most effective essential oil for hair loss and dandruff. It is best to use a combination of several oils. Peppermint, cedar wood, lemongrass and basil are very potent. Essential oils are often sold in health food stores. You can also order online.Does massaging my scalp with lavender oil help with hair growth? And where could I get it in Canada?
yes it help as it increase the blood supply more info of natural treatments for hair loss here http://forgethairloss.blogspot.com/
What I know is that olive oil and coconut oil are great for the scalp and stimulate hair growth. Take a tablespoon of black seeds(kalonji) and grind them in a coffee grinder and add them to the bottle of olive oil. Use this mixture on your scalp and hair to promote hair growth. Massage into your scalp for a good 5-10 minutes or more. Then leave it on for at least 2 hours before you shampoo. You may purchase black seeds(kalonji) at any Indian or Middle eastern grocery store. Black seeds are known to cure everything except death.
Sounds like someone's trying to sell you the ol' snake oil.


People claim it helps with a lot of things. And it can do a number of things but hair growth isn't one of them.
I don't know about the lavendar oil part, but I do know that massaging your scalp daily will stimulate the hair follicles and hair growth. It won't grow thicker though. I am blonde and have really fine hair too. I just keep it healthy by getting it trimmed, and not drying it out too much. I blow dry it to give it more texture and body. This makes is look fuller and thicker. But I put on protective stuff before I blow dry it. Also, get it trimmed often. Maybe about every month-2months. Get a blunt cut, because it makes fine hair look thicker. Good luck!
I've never heard of lavender oil helping hair growth with massage but you can just massage your scalp when you have conditioner on it and it will do just fine. The lavender oil might be irritating to the scalp and as far as I know it won't do anything to stimulate hair growth.
  • windows live
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment