Saturday, December 26, 2009

Using Lavender oil to calm the baby?

I need to know about the usage of lavender oil on babies. How do you use it?Do you add it to the bath tub to give baby a calm bath and thereafter to put the baby to sleep?If yes at what age(week) of the baby do you start using it as the baby's skin is quite sensitive.I've heard some people using lavender scented candles.Can we use such scented candles in baby's room?Please put in ur suggestions and also opinions about this.Especially considering the age/week of the baby.





Thanks in advance :-)Using Lavender oil to calm the baby?
the younger the infant, the more water to use to dillute it...but j %26amp; J does make a line of lavender baby products...they are grrreat, but nothing beats the real thing...


I would definitely make sure u are using a quality candle made of natural/organic products...and make sure the child's room is ventilated...but there's no real harm behind using the essential oil, just b sure to dillute for baby's sensitive skin,,,


my grandmother used natural remedies on us, since birth, lavender to relax, eucalyptus when we were sick, oatmeal for itchy skin, and the list goes on..


hope this helps, enjoy parenting!?!Using Lavender oil to calm the baby?
Any of those methods will work. You can also place little sachets around the house and in babys room.
ask a dr before using essential oils.
All of the ways you put are great. I give mine little baby massages after their baths. Lavendar is soo relaxing. As for what age to stop, I put lavendar oil in my five year old's water when he bathes and lotion him down ( I think JandJ makes the oil and lotion and body wash ) and he's asleep in no time. Have you smelled it?? OMG, lol it would put me to sleep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment