Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Autoimmune disorder - any suggestions for aromatherapy essential oils?

I'm looking for suggestions for essential oils to be used to ease my illness.





I have an skin-related autoimmune disorder - my immune system needs to be suppressed and this is done by various prescription meds, but I want to complement them with some aromatherapy.





My illness is triggered by stress, and the meds cause fatigue and depression.





So I'd like to know if there is a possible combination of oils that includes something to ease stress, something to lift mood, something to help fight the fatigue, but also something that will NOT boost my immune system (this last bit is quite important)?





Ideally I'd like oils which, when added to a carrier, would be okay to use on my skin.





If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.





Many thanks!Autoimmune disorder - any suggestions for aromatherapy essential oils?
Aromatherapy would be a wonderful support for your condition in terms of:





1. easing stress


2. lifting mood


3. helping you feel more energized





Most will NOT boost your immune system.





HOWEVER...I would strongly recommend that you predominantly use blends of essential oils in a room diffuser or an inhaler, vs. diluted and on your skin. If your skin is suffering as a result of your disorder, even diluted EO's can cause irritation, with very few exceptions.





To locate a certified aromatherapist in your vicinity, try www.naha.org. It is the certifying body for aromatherapists nationwide, and upholds high professional standards. An individualized consultation can provide you with a synergistic blend that truly works for your unique needs.





Best Wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment