Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How do I get the best out of aromatherapy oils?

I have some oil burners at home and have bought some fragrance oils for burning. The sales ppl told me to drop the oil (1-2 drops) into water and light the tea light. However, after a while, the water starts boiling but the scent of the oil doesn't come out at all. Am I doing something wrong? I've tried a variety of oils but they have the same effect. Please help!How do I get the best out of aromatherapy oils?
I use a ceramic oil burner every night with lavender oil in it because it helps me sleep and makes my room smell nice =]





Im not sure how to fix the boiling water, maybe try using a bigger oil burner with a smaller tea light? And i dont put 1-2 drops of oil in it, i nearly use half the bottle.haha. Try putting 10 drops in...and if you have trouble sleeping try the lavender oil, it works wonders =]How do I get the best out of aromatherapy oils?
For most candle-heated oil burners you need more than one or two drops of oil to smell anything.a Try adding more oil, like five or six drops.





You can also get an electric 'diffuser,' but I prefer using the candle and burner myself. I've never used one, so I don't know how much oil they take.





What kind of burners are you using? Are they the ceramic ones with the shallow bowls? You have to be careful with those because the water can evaporate quickly. They can also crack from the prolonged heat of the candle. I like the metal ones better, if only because I know they won't break from the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment