Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Can you use the same type of oil used in a aromatherapy oil pot for a reed diffuser?

Having difficulty located oils that specify refills of reed diffusers. I have plenty of oils for aromatherapy warming pots. I am wondering if the oils have to have a different consistency for reed diffusers?Can you use the same type of oil used in a aromatherapy oil pot for a reed diffuser?
I tried looking this up because I'm also interested, but I couldn't find much information about it. What I did find said that you shouldn't use essential oils in the reed diffusers because of.. something about saturation.. but, I saw that on two or three different websites that also sold special diffuser oil. So, it could be true, or it could be a sales ploy, I don't know.





If you already have the reeds, I think you should give it a shot! Try it out in a little bottle, or a shot glass with just one reed. That way you're not wasting much if it doesn't work. Use a carrier oil.. maybe something like grapeseed because it's really light, and add a few drops of essential oil.





If you do try it out, and this question is still open, let me know! I might see if I can get a cheap diffuser in an after-Christmas sale and test it myself, but I have nothing right now to test it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment